What is EMDR?
EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. It is a therapeutic modality that has been researched extensively and proven to be effective for a wide variety of issues. Originally designed to treat trauma, it is effective for treating a wide variety of trauma responses, whether the trauma is huge and life altering, or "smaller" in the eyes of some but causing distress in the individual. It has also been found to be helpful in treating issues such as addictions and habits, anxiety, disturbing memories, body image issues, pregnancy/infant loss, postpartum depression and anxiety, and relational or spiritual wounds. More information about EMDR can be found at the EMDRIA website.
EMDR can help you to:
- Heal from traumas and disturbing events from your past
- Overcome habits and addictions
- Heal relational or spiritual wounds
- Process the pain of complicated grief and loss
- Integrate healthier behaviors and patterns of balanced emotional thought
Ready to being your healing journey?
Schedule Your Free Phone Consultation Online Today and Stop the Therapist phone tag game!